How Bad Hires Hurt Your Company, And What You Can Do to Avoid Them
Demand for quality candidates is higher than ever. Companies need tech geniuses, sales associates, executive leadership, marketing professionals, and employees of every other stripe, and they need them fast. Unfilled roles mean lost profits or sagging productivity.
In that kind of talent environment, quick hiring decisions are common. Find somebody with the right blend of skills and experience? Hire that person!! Unfortunately, those decisions often carry a high price tag.
Hundreds of thousands of dollars drain away from companies every single year because of bad hires. And that’s only the beginning.
Scroll down to download this free eBook for expert advice from Hire Velocity!
Table of Contents:
- BAD HIRES COST MORE THAN YOU THINK
- HIRING MISTAKES TO AVOID AT ALL COSTS
- MISTAKE #1: NOT KNOWING WHO YOU WANT
- MISTAKE #2: A POOR CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE
- MISTAKE #3: A BROKEN INTERVIEW PROCESS
- MISTAKE #4: UNDERUTILIZED DATA
- MISTAKE #5: OUTDATED ONLINE OR MOBILE TECHNOLOGY
- MISTAKE #6: OVERLOOKED REFERENCES
- MISTAKE #7: GOING WITH YOUR GUT (OR NOT)
- MISTAKE #8: INSUFFICIENT ONBOARDING
- SPOTTING A BAD HIRE