How to Hire Top Talent in Today’s Labor Market
Most of the industries we rely on to power our homes, develop and maintain our technology, and manage our health depend on the talents of engineers. Not surprisingly, the more entwined our lives become with technology, the greater the demand for the unique innovative ability engineers bring to the table. By 2024, our economy will add 65,000 new engineering jobs at an overall growth rate of 4%. And for highly specialized jobs like biomedical engineers and environmental engineers, that growth rate is expected to climb even higher (23.1% and 12.4% respectively).
That’s both good news and bad news for recruiters. The good news is that the economy is healthy and companies are expanding. The bad news is that there aren’t enough engineers to fill those open positions.
Scroll down to download this free eBook from Hire Velocity!
Table of Contents:
- What is the Engineering Industry Unemployment Rate?
- The State of the Engineering Labor Market
- Expected Growth Rate for Top Ten Engineering Jobs
- 2016 Software Engineering Employment
- Supply and Demand for the Top Ten Engineering Jobs
- Supply and Demand by Role
- Employment by Gender
- What’s a Fair Wage for Engineers?
- Average Salaries by State/Position
- Average Salaries by Degree/Years of Experience
- But What if You Can’t Pay Top Dollar?
- Who’s Filling the Most Positions?
- 7 Recruiting Mistakes You’re Probably Making Right Now
- 5 Ways to Hire Engineers Even if You Aren’t Amazon
- Find Your Recruiting Partner With RPO